Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Guatemala....Here we Come!

No, we are not out of PGN yet. However, we are flying down to Guatemala to be with our girls on April 18th and to celebrate Hannah's third birthday with her!

Despite receiving word that we were potentially out of PGN last week, we ultimately learned that the PGN director has not yet signed off on our case. Given that the Easter holiday is coming up soon, we were told that we probably would not be out of PGN until after the holiday (as things seem to come to a halt during religious holidays).

Even though there is a chance that we will be making a return trip in a couple of weeks to actually bring our girls home for good, we couldn't wait any longer to visit with them. We also didn't want to miss celebrating Hannah's birthday with her.

Sarah has had several long conversations with our adoption agency regarding what to expect when we arrive in Guatemala. It truly seems like it is going to be a whole different world.

We have 22 days to go, and we will be with our girls! We will certainly keep you all posted as we get closer to that day!

9 comments:

Corey said...

I am so excited that you decided to go!!! Guatemala is great!! What hotel are you going to stay at? Call me if you have any questions, I've been to Guat 8 times!

Alleen said...

How exciting!!!!! Yes, Guat is much different than what you are used to, but it will make you really be appreciative of what you have.

Amy said...

Guatemala during Easter is amazing, Semana Santa is like nothing I have ever experienced, I was there over Easter last year picking up my second daughter, they have this amazing sawdust painting on the floor in the lobby or at least they did last year, enjoy your trip and I hope you are out of PGN soon, the girls are beautiful. Amy mom to Isabella and Gabrielle www.isabellagabrielle.blogspot.com

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I am so happy that you two will be visiting, and at such a blessed time. Your Guatemalan princesses are just beautiful. I will be praying that you soon hear those very precious words,
"Your OUT".
God Bless,
Julie, waiting for Gavin (A Fellow CCI Friend)

Ramona said...

Sarah and JP, I am so happy and thrilled that you are going to Guatemala. It will be great to be there for Hannah's 3 B-day. You all will be in my prayers for a safe and happy trip.

amanda said...

Hey guys, I ahve been keeping up with you through your mom. Oh this is amanda long, your cousin. My last name is carpenter now. I am soooo excited for you guys. My husband has been to Guatemala twice on a mission trip, he said it is pretty there. They went to an orphanage last year to see where one of our church memebers got their son 8 years ago. I love you. my email is amajadc05@yahoo. please let me know how everything is going. let me know what youras is and i will send you a pic of Austin.

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Oh' Sarah... I am so sorry to hear that Easter is slowing you down, but hey only 15 more days until your little girls are in your arms... how exciting!
God Bless,
Julie, waiting for Gavin

Corey said...

I lost your email!!! Email me at cgaynes@gmail.com

siri said...

Hi Sarah Lou and JP! Won't be long now! I can't wait to see pictures of you holding those sweet girls! Love to you
Siri