Friday, April 20, 2007

Our Girls at Last!


Hello everyone. We arrived in Guatemala an hour behind schedule on Wednesday night. On Thursday morning, we woke up and had breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. On our way to the market to buy formula, aqua, & snacks; we "ran into" our two girls and our foster mom on their way to see us. As soon as Hannah saw us, she came up to Sarah and I and gave us a huge hug. It was the best feeling in the world. The second best is when she says "Papa John" and "Mama Sarah"!

We are so busy taking care of the girls that I can't type long. Haley and Mama are currently sleeping in the bedroom. Hannah and Papa just got through sharing a bowl of Mac N' Cheese! Hannah said she loves Papa's Mac N' Cheese (i.e. my secret receipe, just add water and package of cheese and cook in microwave for 3 1/2 minutes).

Below are some of the pictures that Sarah and I have taken over the past two days. We hope you enjoy them and will try to update the blog again before we leave. Thanks everyone for keeping our girls in your thoughts and prayers. They are doing great!






























8 comments:

dreece said...

I know you are having a wonderful since I have talked to you a few time. It was great talking to Hannah and hearing Haley in the background. Enjoy every second, and we will all keep praying that they will be home soon. Love, Hugs & Kisses, MeMe

Lindsay said...

Hey guys! We LOVE the story so far! Keith is wanting to see a picture with all of you! We missed you at school but are so glad that you have this time together! Enjoy every minute and see you soon!

Love,
Megan, Keith and Lindsay

siri said...

Hello Case Family!!!!!

What a wonderful update. Imagine being recognized in a foreign country! I bet you and JP stuck out like a sore thumb!!!! Crazy foreign Americans!

What a touching initial union. Glad to see that you all are bonding so well and that parenting suits you both!

Sarah I don't think you could smile any larger. What a glow!

Linda and I want to try out some of Papa JP's Mac and Cheese when you return home!

Big hugs to Hannah and Haley!
Feliz Cumplianos Hannah!

Love Ms. Siri and Ms. Linda

Alleen said...

They are just gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you are having a great visit!!!

Holly said...

Hi Sarah and JP!

We are so glad to hear that you are having such a wonderful time! The girls are gorgeous and you both look like you are eating up every second with them! :) Enjoy the rest of your trip and stay safe!
Love,
Holly and Jason

RR Lyons said...

Case Family: I was thrilled to find your post. Your family photos are awesome and your joy can be felt miles away. Can't wait to hear more stories and see those pictures...What a beautiful family! Rachel & ttttyyylllleeeeeerrrrr (Randy & Carly too!)

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I am so happy to hear you made it safely and that you are having the time of your lives with Hannah and Haley ! I am so happy your family is together !
God Bless,
Julie

lisa said...

I'm just now getting to see the wonderful Case family--I have never seen either of you happier...except maybe your wedding day!
I am familiar with the wonders of mac'n cheese....isn't parenting great!!
Aeryn and I love you both and will love to get the heads up on a play date in the future!
Lisa & Aeryn